“Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Photo credit: http://brightnepenthe.blogspot.com
Share the find:
It has been a little while since my last post. I’ve been thinking about the three nominations I got the last month.
And with no apparent reason it freaked me out to the point of quitting the very entering in my blog for a couple of days.
‘Why?!’ would you ask, ‘it is considered a good thing, an honor, not a golliwog-buggaboo-scarecrow for bloggers!’
Yeah, ahm, you don’t say… Somewhere deep in my mind I should probably think that ‘with great power comes great responsibility’ and even though it is not actually a ‘power’, it is certainly a change. You know that there are people who tend to fail tests, not because they are not prepared but because they are stunned? Well, I am a different weirdo. I am the only person I know, who cries out of sorrow when they get promoted. A full-blown cry-me-a-river soap opera episode over… nicer, bigger office and new business cards with a fancy position on them (I don’t cry over the salary, I quite like that part).
I have many things to write and share with you, many interesting findings but I am still stuck in now-what-do-I-say-about-the-awards phase.
My award speech will not be perfect, it will not be even excellent but I need it over with, so I could concentrate on the more important topics and issues.
Please, pretty please help me out (by not judging it’s ok) 🙂
As they are similar in their Terms and Conditions and, more importantly, as I am again starting to panick, I will combine them in one list of
7 things you don’t know about me:
1. This is me at the age of
6 2 (give or take).
(hey you, nobody noticed that I look a tad bit young for a 6-years old?)
2. I am 27,5 years old.
3. I am a (sky)lark, waking up without alarm at about 5 o’clock (and going to bet at 20:30) 🙂
4. At the age of three, I decided that I want to become a teacher. Then my dreames changed several times when I was teenager.
5. I currently work in the renewable energy field . Hooray for the sustainable future.
6. I got married the Las Vegas style (outside LV).
7. I am trained in biology and chemistry (German major), electrical engineering and graduated in English studies 🙂 What a well-rounded candidate, ladies and gentlemen!
- 13-08-2012 http://kipsthoughts.wordpress.com/
Thank you Kip (John)! 🙂
- 05-09-2012 http://patwoodblogging.wordpress.com/
Thank you, Pat! 🙂
Terms and conditions:
To claim the price, please publish 7 things that bloggers don’t know about you and then nominate the next 7 blogs. Inform the bloggers about the nomination. Use the award image for your blog.
The Liebster Blog Award
1. What is your favorite type of book to read?
Fiction and/or books on how to improve a certain aspect of your life, work or relationships.
2. Do you have a pet?
Nope, if we do not count Zoe-hardy plants.
3. If you could live in any era of the past, what era would you pick and why?
My golden age should be the 1950s. Love the fashion 🙂 Besides that I would not change my era. 🙂
4. Who is your favorite singer?
I cannot quote someone as my particular favourite. But if you insist on names: Adele, Lara Fabian, Laura Pausini, Eros Ramazzotti, …
5. On a free evening, would you choose TV? Movies? or Books?
The latter two. It depends on whether I would be alone or in a company.
6. What toppings do you like on a Pizza?
Tomatoes (slices), mushrooms, paprika, onions, olives, sometimes pickles and rarely tuna.
7. Name a food that you could eat every day.
Potatoes. Baked, fried, steamed, mashed, cooked. Potatoes it is.
8. If money was no object, what would you buy?
Off the top of my head: pay my tuition fees for the university of my dreams, Cambridge. If you gave me more than one option, I would give you a three-foot long list with things.
9. As a child, were you naughty or nice?
Uh- oh, I always seemed to be nice, sweet, and kind. Now, try to forbid me something, I would scratch out your eyes and do what I were heading to. 🙂
10. What is your favorite season?
Early spring and by the same token, early autumn.
11. Are you a coffee person or a tea person?
Is there a water person? If not, I will opt for the tea 🙂
- 25-08-2012 http://sharechair.wordpress.com/
Thank you! 🙂
Terms and conditions:
Please answer the questions below. Nominate 11 people and use the same questions or write your own.
- Name a book you would read over and over again?
- If you could have 3 wishes granted, what would they be?
- Who was your favorite teacher and why?
- Where is your favorite vacation spot?
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
- What is your favorite dessert?
- What is your least favorite mode of transportation?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If money was no object where would you live and why?
- What is your dream career?
- What movie do you flat-out refuse to watch, no matter how good people say it is?
Now am I allowed to decorate my blog with the awards now or am I missing something else? 🙂
Share the find:
What I’ve been bloggin’ lately:
- What type of geek are you?
- Intelligence or emotion word choice | Vocabulary
- Types of glasses in English
- Business Writing Truths and Myths
- Adverbs frequency chart
- English humour
- Weather vocabulary | Cold
- 240 color names in English
- THE 10 MOST COLOURFUL ENGLISH PHRASES (GB)
- Effective communication is “BRIEF”