IDEAs: 20 more quotes
21.“We often refuse to accept an idea merely because the tone of voice in which it has been expressed is unsympathetic to us.”- Friedrich Nietzche
22. “I know quite certainly that I myself have no special talent. Curiosity, obsession and dogged endurance, combined with self-criticism, have brought me to my ideas.” – Albert Einstein
23.“A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind.” – Antoine St. Exupery
24. “If you want to kill any idea in the world, get a committee working on it.” – Charles Kettering
25.“Right now it’s only a notion, but I think I can get the money to make it into a concept, and later turn it into an idea.” – Woody Allen
26. “I begin with an idea and then it becomes something else.” – Pablo Picasso
27.“New ideas pass through three periods: 1) It can’t be done; 2) It probably can be done, but it’s not worth doing; 3) I knew it was a good idea all along!” – Arthur C. Clarke
28. “Almost all really new ideas have a certain aspect of foolishness when they are just produced.” – Alfred North Whitehead
29.“Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they’re looking for ideas.” – Paula Poundstone
30. “If I have a thousand ideas and only one turns out to be good, I am satisfied.” – Alfred Noble
31.“Money never starts an idea; it is the idea that starts the money.” – William J. Cameron
32. “No idea is so outlandish that it should not be considered.” – Winston Churchill
33.“If you are possessed by an idea, you find it expressed everywhere, you even smell it.” – Thomas Mann
34. “The ability to express an idea is well nigh as important as the idea itself.” – Bernard Baruch
35.“You can kill a man, but you can’t kill an idea.” – Medgar Evers
36. “The man with a new idea is a crank — until the idea succeeds.” -Mark Twain
37.“An idea is salvation by imagination.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
38. “I can’t understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I’m frightened of the old ones.” – John Cage
39.“The new idea either finds a champion or it dies. No ordinary involvement with a new idea provides the energy required to cope with the indifference and resistance that change provokes.” – Tom Peters
40. “Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward: they may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.” – Goethe
Wait, there are other awesome posts around here:
Love the quotes – I will appropriate some of these and thank you!
The pleasure is mine 🙂
Absolutely love #27! All the others are great, as well 🙂
It is one of my favourites, as well 🙂
Fascinating quotes, except Paula Poundstone. I just cringe when I see a quote by her talking about kids.
Truly an amazing idea, to blog about; idea’s, that when read it’s only of the creation of an idea! 🙂
Wow that was odd. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my
comment didn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that
over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every day.
It will always be useful to read articles from other authors and practice something from their websites.
Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this web site,
as i want enjoyment, for the reason that this this site conations actually good funny stuff too.
What’s up, every time i used to check webpage posts here early in the dawn, as i
like to gain knowledge of more and more.
it is one of my favourite…