British Accents

You thought there is only one, didn’t you ? 🙂

In fact, there is no “British English” – there are oh-so-many of them. If you, however, meant the official accent, you probably have in mind the RP (meaning “Received Pronunciation”), a.k.a. “Queen’s English” or “BBC English”.

Now, let us get back to the topic and take a tour across Britain:

What is your accent?

Do you like the RP or the “American” English better? What about the Aussies?

Please share your thoughts in the comments below.

Yours truly,

Tags: , , , ,


This blog is Zoe's way to spread the joy of finding and learning interesting bits about English. Join her and learn something new every time.

I would love to hear from you

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: