7 great American writers on writing
Ernest Hemingway once said “All American literature comes from one book by Mark Twain called Huckleberry Finn. There was nothing before. There has been nothing as good since.” As much as we love our Ernest, we beg to differ. It’s not just the amazing books Americans have written, which cause us to contradict Papa’s viewpoint. It’s the words of wisdom these masters have shared about their craft.
F. Scott Fitzgerald
Created by the awesomely talented Chris Ritter
Share the find:
Tags: american literature, author, awesome, books, Chris Ritter, Elmore Leonard, English, Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Henry Miller, john steinbeck, king henry, literature, Mark Twain, postaday, quotes, Stephen King, talent, Toni Morrison, words of wisdom, writing
About JustEnglish.meThis blog is Zoe's way to spread the joy of finding and learning interesting bits about English. Join her and learn something new every time.
What I’ve been bloggin’ lately:
- What type of geek are you?
- Intelligence or emotion word choice | Vocabulary
- Types of glasses in English
- Business Writing Truths and Myths
- Adverbs frequency chart
- English humour
- Weather vocabulary | Cold
- 240 color names in English
- THE 10 MOST COLOURFUL ENGLISH PHRASES (GB)
- Effective communication is “BRIEF”