Three favourite quotes from The Animal Farm (George Orwell)
If you have not read The Animal Farm but intend to in the future (or even if you don’t) here are my three favourite quotes from the book.
THE SEVEN COMMANDMENTS
- Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
- Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
- No animal shall wear clothes.
- No animal shall sleep in a bed.
- No animal shall drink alcohol.
- No animal shall kill any other animal.
- All animals are equal.
For once Benjamin consented to break his rule, and he read out to her what was written on the wall. There was nothing there now except a single Commandment. It ran: ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS
The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.